William Wood Watches
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service Commemorative Watch
10% (£60) Donation to The Fire Fighters Charity from each sale
We are truly honoured to be building a Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service Commemorative Watch available to all serving and retired SFRS firefighters. The watch itself is our Valiant Collection Red Watch with Japan Seiko Automatic movement and upcycled red British fire hose straps. The watch comes with a closed stainless caseback engraved with the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service coat of arms. Plus all customers who purchase this watch can request to have their SFRS employee number engraved onto the caseback.
Important Information (Please read):
- All UK customers qualify to pay for their watch in 3 interest instalments of £200 per month by selecting Klarna Pay in 3 at our website checkout.
- 10% (£60) from each sale will be donated to The Fire Fighters Charity in the UK.
- Our pre-order window will be open for 8 weeks. After that the production timeline takes 5 months to build the watch and deliver to you.
- We require a minimum of 100 orders for production to begin. If we do not achieve this then all monies will be returned to the customer after the 4 week pre-order window and the project will not go ahead.
- After placing your order please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your unique employee engraving number.
- Monies cannot be returned to you once order is placed and 100 orders received as the funds are used to order components and build your custom watch.
Want to Pay in 3 instalments?
UK Customers Only use Klarna - To activate Klarna press Buy Now and complete the checkout process as you normally would. On the payment screen select the pink Klarna logo that says Klarna Pay in 3. Do not press Partial.ly, this is for international customers only.
The Red Watch
Welcome to William Wood Watches - Valiant Collection - a fully stainless steel Automatic diving watch equipped with a Japanese Seiko NH35 Automatic movement. We pored over the design of our Valiant Collection for months and have come up with a watch that pays homage to the Fire Service and my grandfather, whilst still being a beautiful timepiece for the general public. This watch is dedicated to the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service and can be purchased for any serving or retired SFRS firefighter.
Japanese Seiko NH35 Automatic Movement: The Seiko NH35 is also a self-winding movement and has 24-jewell bearings. The movement is one of the world’s most popular automatic movements. The NH35 should be fully wound after about 55 manual turns of the crown. Some would argue that Seiko were the first brand to produce an automatic watch and watch critics argue that Seiko movement are as accurate as major Swiss luxury providers.
SFRS Coat of Arms: Proudly pressed into the fully stainless steel caseback is the coat of arms of the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Unique Employee Number Engraving: All customers can request to have their unique employee number engraved into the watch caseback. Simply email us at email@example.com after placing your order (NOTE: We cannot accept any other form of engraving outside of the employee number).
Rank Markings - At the turn of the century the Fire Brigade was a branch of the Police Force and the rank structure was that of Police. When the Fire Service was made independent of the Police a new rank structure and markings were designed for the uniform. Now rankings of a firefighter can be seen on their uniform collar. The two stripe indices located at the 12 on the watch face represent the markings a Crew Manager would have on his or her uniform collar.
Checkered Markings - Printed around the perimeter of the dial is the exact checkered markings design from the side of a British fire engine which have been picked up and dropped onto our Valiant Collection watch face in an understated yet complimentary way.
Bell Chime - Now that we have moved through the ranks of complexity to an automatic movement we have added a sweeping second hand to the dial. The second hand has been designed to look like the chime from an old fire engine bell.
Super-LumiNova - We wanted this to be a watch that you could wear everyday. No matter what the job! By having Super-LumiNova on the indices, hands and bezel you can follow the time no matter how dark your environment may be.
Water Resistant (100m) - You have the ability to dive up to 100m without any fear of water damage. You can confidently wear your watch in the swimming pool or in the shower without giving it a second thought.
Firefighter Helmet Crown - Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about the upcycling element you all love. Placed inside the crown is an inset made from a 1920’s British brass firefighter’s helmet. All of the casting and craftsmanship is carried out in the heart of London’s prestigious jewellery district of Hatton Garden. Each inset is finished with our unique William Wood firefighter helmet logo engraving.
Limited Edition - Each watch comes with a unique engraving between 1 - 250 on the caseback so that you know you are the owner of something very special.
Fire Hose Straps - Something that we are very proud of is the fact that we have created our very own William Wood straps made from cast off Angus Duraline British fire hose rubber. The luscious red makes our watches stand out and you can still smell the smokiness in the rubber! You will find out more about these further into the presentation.
- Japanese NH35 Automatic movement
- Case diameter 41mm
- Case thickness 16mm
- Lug width 20mm
- Water Resistant 100 metres / 10 ATM
- 316L Stainless Steel case and metal band
- Double domed sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective coating and blue tint
- Rotating bezel with Super-LumiNova 12 dot
- Super-LumiNova hands, indices and bezel 12 dot
- Domed dial with date window and sweeping second hand
- Crown inset made from original 1920's British brass firefighters helmet
- Closed stainless caseback with SFRS logo and employee engraving
- Upcycled red British fire hose straps (quick-release)
- Presentation box includes red travel roll which can hold up to 3 watches, instructions manual and warranty
- 3 year international warranty from the date watch received
- 30 day free returns period