William Wood Watches
Kuwait National Guard Commemorative Watch
Normal RRP £695. Kuwait National Guard 15% discount to £600 or £200 per month
We are truly honoured to be building a Kuwait National Guard Commemorative Watch available to all serving and retired Kuwait National Guard personnel. The base watch is our Valiant Collection Blue Watch with Japan Seiko Automatic movement and upcycled blue British fire hose straps. The watch comes with a closed stainless caseback engraved with the Kuwait National Guard coat of arms. Plus all customers who purchase this watch can request to have their KNG employee number engraved onto the caseback.
Important Information (Please read):
- All customers qualify to pay for their watch in 3 interest free instalments of £200 per month by selecting Partial.ly at the website checkout.
- Our pre-order window will be open for 4 weeks. After that the production timeline takes 5 months to build the watch and deliver to you.
- We require a minimum of 100 orders for production to begin. If we do not achieve this then all monies will be returned to the customer after the 4 week pre-order window and the project will not go ahead.
- After placing your order please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your unique KNG employee engraving number.
- Monies cannot be returned to you once order is placed and 100+ orders received as the funds are used to order components and build your custom watch.
Want to Pay in 3 instalments?
Use Partial.ly to Pay in 3 - To activate Patrial.ly press the blue button underneath the Buy Now button that reads International Customers Only Partial.ly. Your first £200 instalment will be taken from you immediately with the remaining two payments coming out of your account 30 days and 60 days later.
The Blue Watch
Welcome to William Wood Watches - Valiant Collection - a fully stainless steel Automatic diving watch equipped with a Japanese Seiko NH35 Automatic movement. We pored over the design of our Valiant Collection for months and have come up with a watch that pays homage to the Fire Service and my grandfather, a distinguished British firefighter, whilst being a beautiful timepiece for the general public. This watch is dedicated to the Kuwait National Guard and can be purchased for any serving or retired Kuwait National Guard personnel.
Japanese Seiko NH35 Automatic Movement: The Seiko NH35 is also a self-winding movement and has 24-jewell bearings. The movement is one of the world’s most popular automatic movements. The NH35 should be fully wound after about 55 manual turns of the crown. Some would argue that Seiko were the first brand to produce an automatic watch and watch critics argue that Seiko movement are as accurate as major Swiss luxury providers.
KNG Coat of Arms: Proudly pressed into the fully stainless steel caseback is the coat of arms of the Kuwait National Guard (NOTE: Caseback design will not always always be placed in the watch straight, it is a screw down caseback with the Coat of Arms facing any possible position).
Unique Employee Number Engraving: All customers can request to have their unique past or present employee number engraved into the watch caseback. Simply email us at email@example.com after placing your order (NOTE: We cannot accept any other form of engraving outside of the employee number).
Rank Markings - At the turn of the century the Fire Brigade was a branch of the Police Force and the rank structure was that of Police. When the Fire Service was made independent of the Police a new rank structure and markings were designed for the uniform. Now rankings of a firefigher can be seen on their uniform collar. The two stripe indices located at the 12 on the watch face represent the markings a Crew Manager would have on his or her uniform collar.
Checkered Markings - Printed around the perimeter of the dial is the exact checkered markings design from the side of a British fire engine which have been picked up and dropped onto our Valiant Collection watch face in an understated yet complimentary way.
Bell Chime - Now that we have moved through the ranks of complexity to an automatic movment we have added a sweeping second hand to the dial. The second hand has been designed to look like the chime from an old fire engine bell.
Super-LumiNova - We wanted this to be a watch that you could wear everyday. No matter what the job! By having Super-LumiNova on the indices, hands and bezel you can follow the time no matter how dark your environment may be
Water Resistant (100m) - You have the ability to dive up to 100m without any fear of water damage. You can confidently wear your watch in the swimming pool or in the shower without giving it a second thought.
Firefighter Helmet Crown - Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about the upcycling element you all love. Placed inside the crown is an inset made from a 1920’s British brass firefighter’s helmet. All of the casting and craftmanship is carried out in the heart of London’s prestigious jewellrey district of Hatton Garden. Each inset is finished with our unique William Wood firefighter helmet logo engraving.
Fire Hose Straps - Something that we are very proud of is the fact the we have created our very own William Wood straps made from cast off Angus Duraline British fire hose rubber. The luscious blue makes our watches stand out and you can still smell the smokiness in the rubber! You will find out more about these further into the presentation.
Red Travel Roll - All customers are sent their watch in a 3 watch red travel roll designed to take inspiration from a red fire hose. Perfect for carrying your collection of watches with you on the go.
- Japanese NH35 Automatic movement
- Case diameter 41mm
- Case thickness 16mm
- Lug width 20mm
- Water Resistant 100 metres / 10 ATM
- 316L Stainless Steel case and metal band
- Double domed sapphire crystal glass with anti-reflective coating and blue tint
- Rotating bezel with Super-LumiNova 12 dot
- Super-LumiNova hands, indices and bezel 12 dot
- Domed dial with date window and sweeping second hand
- Crown inset made from original 1920's British brass firefighters helmet
- Closed stainless caseback with KNG logo and employee engraving
- Upcycled blue British fire hose straps (quick-release)
- Presentation box includes red travel roll which can hold up to 3 watches, instructions manual and warranty
- 3 year international warranty from the date watch received
- 30 day free returns period