Esquire Townhouse Annual Event - Friday 12th October Recap

Earlier this month we attended the prestigious Annual Townhouse Event 2018 organised by Britain’s most stylish magazine brand Esquire. The event is held within the magnificent setting of Carlton House Terrace in one of London's favourite pop-up members’ club and lasts over four days. Interviews, performances, masterclasses, drinks, supper clubs, fitness sessions and more, from style to sport, tech to travel, food to film and beyond.

Here is a brief overview of our experience at the event and a handful of images we captured from Friday's programme.

Awe-inspiring venue

As you walk into Carlton Terrace you are instantly taken a back by the luscious white pillars, grand staircase and impressive chandelier.

esquire townhouse annual event

To the right was SEB MAN grooming parlour in partnership with Every Man Barbers where I was given a free bag of mens hair and skin care products along with this cool Photo Booth image.

William wood founder at Esquire Townhouse annual event

To the left was a Breitling boutique with a stunning British-made Norton Motorcycle stood in front.

Motorbike at Esquire townhouse annual event

As you head further into the reception the whole reception was lit up by an intense red light from the Louboutin stand.

Esquire Townhouse trend report

The Esquire Trend Report

I had come to Friday's programme to listen to The Esquire Trend Report Panel. Further information about the panel below taken from the days agenda.

6:30pm – 7:30pm: The Esquire Trend Report 

Esquire’s Fashion Director Catherine Hayward and Style Director Charlie Teasdale are discussing, demonstrating and decoding the key trends in men’s style for the season ahead. Joined by a panel of special guests including model & businessman David Gandy, footballer and Instagram favourite Hector Bellerin, and Esquire columnist and Mr Porter Brand and Content Director Jeremy Langmead, we’ll be unveiling the key pieces you should be investing in for Autumn/Winter 18 and running through the dos and don’ts of dressing well this season and beyond. Join us for an informal but informative fashion forecast.

What's the word on the street?

I learnt 3 key points over the 1 hour discussion;

  1. Men move in packs: David made a memorable point which was backed up by the fact that two men on the panel were wearing the exact same shoes. When it comes to fashion, men move in packs, they have to see an item or style of clothing worn a few times by a role model, friend, colleague or family member before they look to purchase. Whereas women are more comfortable going off piste and standing out from the crowd.
  2. Zara is king: Jeremy told us that Zara change their stock every week! I never knew this but it makes sense as 90% of my wardrobe is Zara with the remaining 10% coming from Massimo Dutti (also owned by Zara). Their sales and profit are increasing year on year with a growing store presence worldwide. By changing stock weekly they can adapt and move quickly to changes in fashion.
  3. Etailers are the future: With Jeremy's wealth of experience working for Mr Porter he could give us an insight into the shopping habits of modern day consumers. Revenue is increasing at Mr Porter and slowly consumers are moving to online shopping rather than the traditional high street model. The challenge is trying to stay relevant when fashion is moving so quick.

After the panel I headed down to the pool and met some cool people and awesome members of the Hearst team!

I look forward to reporting back on my next event.

Over and out!

Shop now